- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Lysosomes arises from
(a) endoplasmic reticulum
(b) Golgi apparatus
Correct Answer: (b) Golgi apparatus
Golgi bodies receive proteins and fats from the RER (Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum). It modifies them if required and packages them into sealed droplets known as vesicles. These vesicles (containing modified proteins and fats) are released or dispatched to their required destination.
In the absence of the Golgi apparatus, the modification and packaging process of proteins and lipids will not occur properly. Also, there will be no production of lysosomes which leads to the accumulation of dead and damaged organelles. This can lead to dysfunction of the cell and can result in cell death.]
- Related Articles
- What is meant by lysosomes?
- Cell arises from pre-existing cell was stated by(a) Haeckel(b) Virchow(c) Hooke(d) Schleiden.
- The number of pairs of nerves which arises from the spinal cord is:(a) 21 (b) 31 (c) 41 (d) 51
- The only cell organelle seen in prokaryotic cell is(a) mitochondria(b) ribosomes(c) plastids(d) lysosomes.
- Which cell organelle plays a crucial role in detoxifying many poisons and drugs in a cell?(a) Golgi apparatus(b) Lysosomes(c) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum(d) Vacuoles
- Select the correct statements for the process of budding in yeast:I. A bud arises from a particular region on a parent body.II. A parent cell divides into two daughter cells; here the parental identity is lost.III. Before detaching from the parent body a bud may form another bud.IV. A bud when detached from the parent body grows into a new inpidual.(a) II, III and IV(b) I, II and III(c) III, IV and I(d) None of the above
- From where did the fabric come from?
- Subtract:$-135$ from $-250$$-3012$ from $6250$
- Subtract the following:(a) $9$ from $(-6)$(b) $(-8)$ from $8$(c) $6$ from $0$.
- Find out the correct sentence.(a) Enzymes packed in lysosomes are made through RER (rough endoplasmic reticulum)(b) Rough endoplasmic reticulum and smooth endoplasmic reticulum produce lipid and protein respectively(c) Endoplasmic reticulum is related with the destruction of plasma membrane(d) Nucleoid is present inside the nucleoplasm of eukaryotic nucleus.
- From where the nucleus is separated from the cytoplasm?
- The dramatic changes in body features associated with puberty are mainly because of the secretions of:(a) estrogen from testes and testosterone from ovary (b) estrogen from adrenal gland and testosterone from pituitary gland (c) testosterone from testes and estrogen from ovary (d) testosterone from thyroid gland and estrogen from pituitary gland
- Subtract:(a) Rs. 18.25 from Rs. 20.75(b) 202.54 m from 250 m(c) Rs. 5.36 from Rs. 8.40(d) 2.051 km from 5.206 km(e) 0.314 kg from 2.107 kg
- Name the technique to separate(i) butter from curd,(ii) salt from seawater,(iii) camphor from salt.