- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which cell organelle plays a crucial role in detoxifying many poisons and drugs in a cell?
(a) Golgi apparatus
(c) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
Correct Answer: (c) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
The endoplasmic reticulum is a network of membranous tubules found within the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell, continuous with the nuclear membrane.
It is a continuous membrane system that forms a series of flattened sacs within the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells and serves multiple functions, such as protein and lipid synthesis, folding, modification, and transport of proteins. It usually has ribosomes attached and is involved in protein and lipid synthesis.
The endoplasmic reticulum is a type of cell organelle made up of two subunits –
the rough endoplasmic reticulum, and smooth endoplasmic reticulum.
The smooth endoplasmic reticulum plays a crucial role in detoxifying many poisons and drugs in a cell.
- Find paths from corner cell to middle cell in maze in C++
- Working Principle of Voltaic Cell (Galvanic Cell)
- C++ Program to find out the maximum number of moves to reach a unblocked cell to another unblocked cell in a grid
- Cell fusion in Python
- How do we display a table cell in HTML
- Java Program to enable cell selection in a JTable
- Update the content of a specific cell in MySQL
- In dynamic fashion setting a custom class to a cell in a row
- Check if a cell can be visited more than once in a String in C++
- How to set a value in a particular JTable cell with Java?
- Java Program to retrieve the value from a cell in a JTable
- How to annotate each cell of a heatmap in Seaborn?
- Final cell position in the matrix in C++
- How can we add/insert a JRadioButton to a JTable cell in Java?
- How to create a Default Cell Editor that uses a JCheckBox in Java?
- How to create a Default Cell Editor that uses a JComboBox in Java?