- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Look at Figure 4.1 and answer the following questions
(a) What change would you observe in the calcium hydroxide solution taken in tube B?
(b) Write the reaction involved in test tubes A and B respectively.
(c) If ethanol is given instead of ethanoic acid
(a) The changes observed in B is that Calcium Hydroxide solution would become milky.
(b) Reaction in Tube A:
$CH_3COOH+NaHCO_3 → CH_3COONa + CO_2 + H_2O$
Reaction in tube B
$Ca(OH)_2 + CO_2 → CaCO_3 + H_2O$
(c) If ethanol is replaced with ethanoic acid, the same change will not be observed as Ethanol will not react with Sodium Hydrogen carbonate.
(d) A solution of lime water can be prepared in the laboratory by taking distilled water in a beaker and mixing Calcium carbonate powder to it, thoroughly. Allow the solution to settle and decant the clear solution to obtain the lime water.
- How to answer Top Java interview questions
- Sum of the Series 1/(1*2) + 1/(2*3) + 1/(3*4) + 1/(4*5) + ... in C++
- Sum of the series 1 + (1+2) + (1+2+3) + (1+2+3+4) + ... + (1+2+3+4+...+n) in C++
- Change figure size and figure format in Matplotlib
- Java interview questions and answers
- C++ program to find the sum of the series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!
- A closer look at Java "Hello World" program
- How to put the title at the bottom of a figure in Matplotlib?
- Count number of trailing zeros in (1^1)*(2^2)*(3^3)*(4^4)*.. in C++
- Align gathered items at the end in Bootstrap 4
- Program to find sum of series 1 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/4 + .. + 1/n in C++
- C++ program to find the sum of the series (1*1) + (2*2) + (3*3) + (4*4) + (5*5) + … + (n*n)
- Bootstrap 4 .flex-grow-0|1 class
- How do I extend the margin at the bottom of a figure in Matplotlib?
- C++ Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! + …… n/n!
- Python Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!