- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the common name of :
(a) methanoic acid, and (b) ethanoic acid?
Given below are the common names of:
(a) Methanoic acid is Formic acid.
(b) Ethanoic acid is Acetic acid.
- Related Articles
- Write the formulae of: (a) methanoic acid, and (b) ethanoic acid.
- Name one animal and one plant whose stings contain formic acid (or methanoic acid)
- One of the following is not an organic acid. This is:(a) Ethanoic acid (b) Formic acid (c) Citric acid (d) Carbonic acid
- From which substance the methanoic acid is made?
- Draw the structures for the following compounds:(a) Ethanoic acid (b) Propanoic acid.
- Vinegar is a solution of about:(a) 5 to 8 percent ethanoic acid in alcohol (b) 5 to 8 percent ethanoic acid in water (c) 50 to 80 percent ethanoic acid in water (d) 50 to 80 percent ethanoic acid in alcohol
- (a) Match the formulae in group A with appropriate names from group B :Group A: CH3COOH, CH3CHO, CH3OH Group B: Ethanol, Methanol, Ethanal, Ethanoic acid (b) Draw the structure of butanoic acid. (c) What is the IUPAC name of acetic acid?
- Give the IUPAC name of CH3COOC2H5.Ethyl ethanoic acidButanoateEthyl ethanoateEthyl methyl carboxylic acid
- Name the oxidising agent used for the conversion of ethanol to ethanoic acid. Distinguish between ethanol and ethanoic acid on the basis of (i) litmus test, (ii) reaction with sodium carbonate.
- The acid secreted in the stomach is:(a) Hydrochloric acid(b) Sulphuric acid(c) Phosphoric acid(d) Nitric acid
- The acid produce naturally in our stomach is :(a) Acetic acid (b) Citric acid (c) Hydrochloric acid (d) Sulphuric acid
- When ethanoic acid is treated with NaHCO3, the gas evolved is
- Why is the conversion of ethanol into ethanoic acid an oxidation reaction?
- Why is the conversion of ethanol to ethanoic acid an oxidation reaction?
- Name one chemical compound which can be used to distinguish between ethanol and ethanoic acid.