Is it possible for human beings to live without any goals?
It’s been said that “A Life without goals is like a race with no finish line; you’re just running to nowhere”. Regardless of what you are doing, if you meticulously plan out each step of your day or spend it flying by the seat of your pants, it is crucial to set goals within both your business and life.
Why do we set goals?
- Knowingly or unknowingly we set a bunch of goals on regular basis, just to check with yourself and assess what you achieved and what more has to be done. Now there are plenty of people who are ambitious and plan to “rule the world” one day and much more than getting through life without consciously setting goals.
- Regardless of which category you fall into, it’s important to realize the opportunities that can materialize through goal setting and why you should be taking conscious (and massive) action on them.
Why Is This Important For Your Business?
There are just two important reasons.
- One should have a goal while creating a business or a getting a mere job.
- Creating Passion & Purpose
Having a clear set of goals in your mind helps you deviate from the distractions that may take you far from your target. First, you need to make up your mind as to what to do. Once you have achieved a goal or milestone, your ability to attach meaning to your deep business desires and create a sense of purpose. This will ultimately fuel your passion and keep you motivated in the long term.
Gaining More Free Time
- As noted above, being clear on your goals will help you to avoid activities that may seem urgent but are irrelevant and allow you to focus on tasks that are important. This will stop you from procrastinating and feeling overwhelmed with responsibilities and allow you to free up additional time to have a personal life (yes, you can have a personal life and run your own business!).
Why is this Important for Your Life?
- Feeling Good & Boosting Confidence
- A mind can be fooled easily, it can be trained to feel good each time you achieve a goal irrespective of small or big. It will help you boost your confidence and self-satisfaction can be achieved through this. Isn’t it why we are living for? To be happy and satisfied. If you have a boring day ahead, set a few small and achievable goals for that day, this will keep you going and your mind will be relaxed.
Empowering You To Make Choices
- There are no right or wrong decisions in life, their results are a matter of perspective. The only wrong that you can do is making no decision at all. You always have a choice in what you say, think and do.
- I know that often times it can feel like you “have to” do something, but in reality, it is your responsibility to take action and receive the consequences (good and bad).
Goal setting helps you to be clear on the choices you need to make to align with your personal objectives. So, it's very important to have goals in life. Human beings cannot be successful without having any goals.
Published on 03-Jan-2019 12:46:51