- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is it healthy to go with over-the-counter medicines?
Over-the-counter or OTC medicine is also known as nonprescription medicine. OTC medicines are most often used to treat ailments like aches and pains, coughs and the common cold, fever, allergies, skin conditions, and heartburn and other digestive problems. The reasons are easy to understand. OTC medicines are convenient, easily available in groceries and big box stores as well as pharmacies, and they are less expensive than visiting the doctor and perhaps paying for an expensive prescription.
Pros and Cons
OTC medicines give many people a sense of self-control over their health and well-being. That's all to the good if OVER THE COUNTER drugs are being used appropriately, for an indicated condition in the appropriate dosage and for no longer than the recommended time.
OTC remedies are still medicines. They have side effects as well. A few drugs should not be taken with certain health conditions, or be along with other drugs due to the likelihood of adverse relationships. For example, there are some OTC painkillers you shouldn't use if you have stomach, kidney, hardworking liver or heart problems.
Although OTC drugs are generally safe, sometimes they can affect the health of otherwise healthy adults. They are really safe and effective when you follow the directions on the label or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Is pizza healthy? If not, can it be made healthy?
- What is Natural Therapy? How is it different from other forms of medicines?
- Compare exchange traded derivatives and over the counter (OTC)
- How easy is it to go abroad for higher studies in India?
- Which are the apps to order medicines online?
- What is the difference between Synchronous Counter and Asynchronous Counter in computer architecture?
- Counter Size and Counter Overflow
- What is a Geiger Muller counter?
- What is the maximum age for male and female to have healthy kids?
- How to specify that the audio/video will start over again, every time it is finished in HTML?
- How to create a "section counter" with CSS?
- Is it mandatory to register the driver while working with JDBC?
- What is the reason to choose jasmine over jest?
- If milk goes bad if not refrigerated, why does it not go bad inside the cow?
- How to get the windows performance counter using PowerShell?