- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is food an offering to the soul?
In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krishna states, "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water, I will accept it blissfully." From this verse, it is understood that we can offer Krishna foods prepared from milk products, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and grains. Meat, fish, and eggs are not offerable.
Sathwik Food Becomes Divine
As in Ayurveda, we know there are Rajas, Tamas, and Satva guns. Thus, one should not intake oily food or fried or spicy food in access. It is essential on our part to offer food to God in the form of prayer so that these three impurities do not afflict our mind. Do not put seasoning too much or too little. The experts do this by using natural herbs, spices, and flavors to make the dishes interesting and entertaining.
What Our Culture Depicts
India has a plethora of festivals taking place now and then. For example, every year on the death anniversary of the deceased relative as per The Hindu Calendar one celebrates Shraaada. Even that food is an offering to the souls of our ancestors. A simple dal and roti prepared with full heart and then served to feed everyone are also next to what we call heaven. Thus, one must incorporate food prepared to please the soul and not the stomach.
- What is Kamal Hassan offering Tamil Nadu?
- What is food porn?
- What is the healthiest and the cheapest food to eat daily?
- Why eating the raw food is bad for health?
- What is junk food and how is it harmful to our health?
- When did people start using edible oils for cooking food? How did people cook food before edible oils are introduced to human food?
- Why do Indians like street food?
- Why do Indians love Dhaba food?
- Is it true that Amazon is going to kick off a venture in food retail in India?
- How to plan for nutritious food and implement it?
- What are the different types of stoves used in India to cook food?
- How do plants make their own food?
- What are the best places to satisfy tasty food cravings at midnight in Hyderabad?
- What does a food blogger need in order to establish himself?
- Program to find out the number of people who get a food packet using Python