- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Installing Python on Mac OS
Python distribution is available for a wide variety of platforms. You need to download only the binary code applicable for your platform and install Python.
If the binary code for your platform is not available, you need a C compiler to compile the source code manually. Compiling the source code offers more flexibility in terms of choice of features that you require in your installation.
Recent Macs come with Python installed, but it may be several years out of date. Seehttp://www.python.org/download/mac/ for instructions on getting the current version along with extra tools to support development on the Mac. For older Mac OS's before Mac OS X 10.3 (released in 2003), MacPython is available.
Jack Jansen maintains it and you can have full access to the entire documentation at his website − https://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/index.html . You can find complete installation details for Mac OS installation.
In Mac OS, the installer handles the path details. To invoke the Python interpreter from any particular directory, you must add the Python directory to your path.
- How to install Selenium WebDriver on Mac OS?
- Mac OS X Structure
- Recommended IDEs for C# on Windows/Linux/Mac OS
- Installing Python on Linux
- Installing Python on Windows
- How to compile and execute C# programs on Mac OS?
- Generate and parse Mac OS X .plist files using Python (plistlib)
- How to set Java Path in Mac OS?
- What languages have been used to write Windows, Mac OS and Linux OS?
- Installing MySQL on macOS
- Installing MySQL on Linux
- Installing MySQL on Solaris
- Installing MySQL on FreeBSD
- How to set JAVA_HOME for Java in Mac OS?
- Installing MySQL on Microsoft Windows