- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Recommended IDEs for C# on Windows/Linux/Mac OS
The best IDE for C# on Windows is Microsoft Visual Studio. It is an IDE to develop websites, web apps, mobile apps, etc.
The following are the features of Visual Studio IDE −
Code Editor − Visual Studio has a code editor supporting syntax highlighting and code completion using IntelliSense.
Breakpoints − Set breakpoints and allow monitoring the variable values as the execution progress.
Extend Capability − With Visual Studio, you can extend the functionality of the IDE. The extension includes macros, packages, etc.
Other alternatives for Visual Studio IDE to run C# programs −
It is an open source IDE to run C# programs but works only Microsoft Windows. SharpDevelop was developed as an alternative to Visual Studio. It is written in C#. Supports Git, SVN, NuGet,
It is a utility that allows you to run C# programs without having an IDE. Some of the features in LINQPa d is paid like autocomplete and allows the user to access it only after the payment.
It is an open source IDE that allows you to run C# on multiple platforms i.e. Windows, Linux, and MacOS. MonoDevelop is also known as Xamarin Studio.
- What languages have been used to write Windows, Mac OS and Linux OS?
- Installing Python on Mac OS
- List of C++ IDEs for Linux
- How to install Selenium WebDriver on Mac OS?
- Mac OS X Structure
- How to set JAVA_HOME for Java in Mac OS?
- Run Linux Natively on Windows 10
- How to add a new entry to the PATH variable in ZSH on Mac OS in Linux
- How to compile and execute C# programs on Mac OS?
- How do you handle End-of-Line characters in Git on Windows / Linux / Mac Operating Systems?
- How to Lock Your Hard Drive on Windows OS?
- How to Format a Hard Disk on Linux OS
- How to set JAVA_HOME environment variables on Windows OS in Java?
- How to set Java Path in Mac OS?
- How to enable or disable local user on Windows OS using PowerShell?