- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In college, if I am being ragged by my seniors, whom should I complain?
It is a common scenario found in colleges that seniors tease Juniors in the name of interaction. But if it is really bothering you, not letting you concentrate on your studies and makes you feel harassed, it comes under ragging. Nothing that exceeds a limit is tolerable. We often come across some news of ragging during the initial months of an academic year where some juniors take an extreme step because of this intolerable torture.
What Laws Say
According to the Indian Law, any word is spoken or acts done which leads to teasing, causing annoyance or psychological harm or any act that raises fear or apprehension in Junior, can be treated as Ragging. AICTE has prohibited ragging under section 23 and section 10 of AICTE Act 1987 and the Medical Council of India has made a regulation under section 33 of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
Complain About It
Try to convey your inconvenience in a smooth manner and if you are still bothered, don’t hesitate to complain to your higher authorities, such as your Head of the department or Principal about it. In case the problem persists and increases, don’t hesitate to take legal help.
- Being a girl should I give importance to my looks?
- How should I manage my life?
- My college seniors are highly non-interactive. How to approach them on my own?
- What Should I Do If My IP Address Is Exposed?
- What should I do if someone copies my website/blog content?
- Being a girl, where should I get a Tattoo done on my body and why?
- Despite being rich, why am I not able to get happiness?
- My girlfriend never appreciates me, what should I do?
- If I truncate a table, should I also add indexes?
- An Anagram I Am in Python
- What legal action should I take if my personal videos/images from my Facebook account are used for the commercial purpose by someone?
- What teaching should I give to son who is going to college first time?
- How should I store data into my Mysql database, what type should I assign to a column storing salt values?