- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to teach children the value of money?
This is a million dollar question, how to teach children the value of money especially in today's environment where there is a lot more cash balance with you than that was the case when you were growing up. Probably, your parents didn't have to worry about teaching you the value of money because two decades back there wasn't as much disposable cash with them as it is now with you. Austerity was the rule at home, sharing things with your siblings without any tantrums was something you had to abide by. Your parents didn't have to worry about teaching you the golden rules of saving restrained expenditure.
Never Make Your Kid Being Looked Down Upon
Today, the average Indian earns three times more than what he used to earn two decades back and there seems to be an abundance of things to buy as well as the availability of cash. You may have grown up playing cricket when your entire team had just three pairs of batting pads and gloves but your child will need his personal kit or risk being looked down upon by his teammates for being too 'kanjoos'. They just won't believe him if he said his parents didn't have enough cash to buy him his own kit. You'll have to get him the kit which may upset your budget for a month but you need to find a way out. It's his right!
You Had Something that Your Father Might Not
Don't keep thinking that you didn't have that right in your childhood. Times have changed. Think about your father who may not even have played cricket; maybe he had to be satisfied with 'Gilli Danda'. You must thank God that children today are a lot smarter but that doesn't mean they'll appreciate unwarranted austerity even when there's no need. The country is doing much better now than the last eight centuries. Today's children understand the value of money better than those of earlier generations. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule and in those instances, you'll have to be more proactive in micromanaging their cash flow.
- Explain the concept Time value of money in finance.
- Explain compounding technique in the time value of money.
- How to teach shy kids to mingle with others?
- How to get the children of $(this) selector?
- How to get the children of the $(this) selector in jQuery?
- How to teach an amateur to book an Ola or Uber cab?
- Program to find minimum number of people to teach in Python
- In-the-Money, At-the-Money, and Out-of-theMoney Options
- How to deal with stubborn children?
- Difference between compounding and discounting techniques in time value of money.
- What is meant by Time Preference or Time Value of Money?
- Program to check whether each node value except leaves is sum of its children value or not in Python
- What does culture teach a person?
- In a year, Seema earns $Rs. 1,50,000$ and saves $Rs. 50,000$. Find the ratio of(a) Money that Seema earns to the money she saves.(b) Money that she saves to the money she spends.
- The given pie chart shows the result of a survey carried out to find the modes of travel used by children to go to school.$( a)$. What is the most common mode of transport?$( b)$. What fraction of children travel by car?$( c)$ If $18$ children travel by car, how many children took part in the survey?$( d)$ By which two modes of transport are equal number of children travelling?"