- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to sort bars in a bar plot in ascending order (Matplotlib)?
To sort bars in a bar plot in ascending order, we can take the following steps −
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Make a list of data for bar plots.
Create a bar plot using bar() method, with sorted data.
To display the figure, use show() method.
from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True data = [3, 5, 9, 15, 12] plt.bar(range(len(data)), sorted(data), color='red', alpha=0.5) plt.show()
- Related Articles
- How to sort bars in increasing order in a bar chart in matplotlib?
- How to determine the order of bars in a matplotlib bar chart?
- How to turn off error bars in Seaborn Bar Plot using Matplotlib?
- How to write text above the bars on a bar plot (Python Matplotlib)?
- How to perform ascending order sort in MongoDB?
- How to remove gaps between bars in Matplotlib bar chart?
- How to sort Java array elements in ascending order?
- How to sort an ArrayList in Ascending Order in Java
- How to sort an ArrayList in Java in ascending order?
- How to create a bar plot with bars for missing values in R?
- How to change the order of bars in bar chart in R?
- How to reverse the bars of a bar plot a using ggplot2 in R?
- How to make a broken horizontal bar plot in Matplotlib?
- Plot 3D bars without axes in Matplotlib
- How can we sort MySQL output in ascending order?