How to move the legend to outside of a Seaborn scatterplot in Matplotlib?
To move the legend to outside of a Seaborn scatterplot, we can take the following steps −
- Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
- Make a Pandas dataframe with three coulmns, column1, column2 and column3.
- Draw a scatterplot with possibility of several semantic groupings.
- To place the legend outside the plot, use bbox_to_anchor in legend() method.
- To display the figure, use show() method.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sns
plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50]
plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True
df = pd.DataFrame(dict(col1=[2, 1, 4],
col2=[5, 2, 1],
col3=[4, 0, 1]))
plt.legend(bbox_to_anchor=(1.25, 1), borderaxespad=0)
Published on 08-Jul-2021 10:59:33