- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to iron sarees at home?
Saris are a woman’s one of the favorite attires to adorn. But due to lack of knowledge, one may not be able to take proper care of them. One may find it difficult to wash them and may find it even more difficult to iron them properly.
Tips and important steps to iron saris at home
All new cotton saris need to be washed before wearing. This will help the fabric to shrink, as much as it would later and help in ironing the sari properly later on.
The best manner to iron the sari is while it is still a bit wet. Never wait for the washed sari to completely let go of its moisture, and be wrinkle-prone. Always start ironing, by folding the sari in half makes it much faster to do. Double the sari once again lengthwise.
For chiffon, dry ironing is the best. Use low medium heat, for dry ironing of a chiffon sari.
Use very low heat or put your silk sari under a cotton cloth while ironing it.
The steam iron is the best option as there are almost nil chances of any harm happening to the silk sari.
If you are ironing cotton saris, use dry iron as it is the best.
Moving the iron back and forth can stretch and pull the silk out of shape for the sari.
These are the ways in which you can take care of your saris at home.
- How to make soap at home?
- How to make 'Paneer' at home?
- How to keep lettuce leaves fresh at home?
- How to make carrot mix juice at home?
- How to wash a teddy bear at home?
- How to take care of pets at home?
- How to Improve Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- I find it very difficult to wash blankets at home. What to do to clean them at home?
- How to wash shoes made up of cloth at home?
- How to purify water at home without a water purifying machine?
- Online Jobs to keep you busy at Home!
- Can tonsils be treated at home?
- How can I make simple and quick poha at home?
- How can I take care of leather articles at home?
- How can we make a fruity ice-cream at home?