- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to handle the withdrawal effects when you stop smoking suddenly?
Withdrawal sets in the most agonizing physical indications which happen when you quit an addictive substance like tobacco. Smoking tobacco can be as addictive as any other substances like liquor, cocaine, and morphine. Side effects of nicotine withdrawal will be at the peak for a few days. The symptoms generally fade out in two weeks. Very few people may encounter nicotine withdrawal symptoms for months.
Effects of Smoking
People get addicted to nicotine as it gives artificial relaxation, temporarily boosting mood, reducing depression, reducing irritability, enhancing concentration and short-term memory.
Whether young or old, some people smoke to control their weight as smoking reduces appetite and it is proved that smokers weigh less than nonsmokers.
Tobacco is considered as 70% of the cancer-causing agent and is the root cause of lung tumor, heart attack, and mouth cancer.
It is a habit that is very difficult to break. Initially, people may suffer many withdrawal effects, and it may be difficult to overcome them. It takes a lot of willpower to come out of the habit completely.
- Intense cravings for nicotine
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Excessive Sweating
- Nausea and Intestinal Cramping
- Headaches, coughing, and sore throat
- Insomnia, anxiety, irritability, and depression
- Weight gain.
Handling withdrawal effects
Factors, for example, to what extent you utilized tobacco and how much tobacco you use once a day will affect the seriousness of your symptoms. If you choose to stop smoking, contact your specialist to talk about approaches to deal with your withdrawal effects.
Various treatment alternatives are accessible for nicotine withdrawal.
Over-the-counter nicotine substitution medications, for example, nicotine gum and skin patches, or medicine nicotine substitution techniques, for example, inhalers can help to lessen side effects by gradually diminishing the measure of nicotine in your body.
Treatments with non-nicotine prescribed medicines like Zyban or Chantix.
In case you're attempting to stop smoking, you may think of taking the assistance of other people who are already trying to stop. Joining a smoking end program or a support group may build your odds of achievement.
Follow the 4D Rule
Delay − Delay the desire to open a pack of cigarettes and light them. After a couple of minutes, the desire to smoke decreases.
Deep inhale − Take a long, relaxing breath, and let it out gradually. Repeat this at least 3 times
Do some other activity − Take your attention off smoking by making a move. Put on some music, keep your hands occupied, go for a walk or call a friend.
Drink water − Sip it gradually, and hold it in your mouth to appreciate the taste.
- What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
- Which is better, stop smoking at once or slowly reducing and finally stop?
- How to quit smoking?
- How to quit smoking without any medicine?
- How to Stop Your Smart TV From Spying on You?
- Why do passengers tend to fall back when it starts suddenly?
- While travelling on a rickshaw, you might have experienced that if the seat cover is very smooth, you tend to slip when brakes are applied suddenly. Explain.
- Why do you fall in the forward direction when a moving bus brakes to a stop and fall backwards when it accelerates from rest?
- Why do the passengers in a bus tend to fall backward when it starts suddenly ?
- How will you handle alerts in Selenium with python?
- How to opt out of interest based advertising and stop the ads from following you
- Why do we fall backwards when a car suddenly gets started?
- How to Stop Your Phone's WiFi from Revealing Where You Live?
- How does a bicycle stop when its brakes are applied?