- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to find contours of an image using scikit-learn in Python?
Scikit-learn, commonly known as sklearn is a library in Python that is used for the purpose of implementing machine learning algorithms. It is an open-source library hence it can be used free of cost. This library is built on Numpy, SciPy and Matplotlib libraries.
The method of ‘marching squares’ is used to find the contours in an image. The function ‘find_contours’ present in the ‘measure’ class of ‘skimage’ library is used. In this, the values present in the array are interpolated in a linear manner.
This way, the precision of the contours in the output image would be much better. If the contours in the image intersect, the contours are open, else they are closed.
Let us understand how to find contours in an image using scikit-learn library −
import numpy as np import matplotlib.pyplot as plt from skimage import measure x, y = np.ogrid[-6.7:np.pi:215j, -1.2:np.pi:215j] r = np.sin(np.exp((np.sin(x)**3 + np.cos(y)**2))) contours = measure.find_contours(r, 0.8) fig, ax = plt.subplots() ax.imshow(r, cmap=plt.cm.gray) for contour in contours: ax.plot(contour[:, 1], contour[:, 0], linewidth=2) ax.axis('Image') ax.set_xticks() ax.set_yticks() plt.show()
The required packages are imported into the environment.
Data is generated with the help of NumPy package.
The function ‘find_contours’ is used to determine the contours of the image.
The ‘subplot’ function is used to show the original image and the image with contours on the console.
- How to view the pixel values of an image using scikit-learn in Python?
- How can scikit-learn library be used to get the resolution of an image in Python?
- How can scikit learn library be used to upload and view an image in Python?
- How can scikit-learn be used to convert an image from RGB to grayscale in Python?
- How to implement Random Projection using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to perform dimensionality reduction using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to binarize the data using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to build Naive Bayes classifiers using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to create a sample dataset using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to generate random regression problems using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to find Image Contours using Java OpenCV library?
- Detecting contours in an image using OpenCV
- How to generate an array for bi-clustering using Scikit-learn?
- How to generate and plot classification dataset using Python Scikit-learn?
- How to create a random forest classifier using Python Scikit-learn?