- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to deal with warning “removed n rows containing missing values” while using ggplot2 in R?
The warning “removed n rows containing missing values” occurs when we incorrectly specify the range of the values for X-axis or Y-axis. We can this range in ggplot function using scale_x_continuous(limits=c(?,?)) for x axis and scale_y_continuous(limits=c(?,?)) for y axis. If the range will be larger than the actual data range then there will be no warning otherwise, we will get the warning for the number of missing values.
Consider the below data frame −
> set.seed(2) > x<-rnorm(20,0.5) > y<-rpois(20,2) > df<-data.frame(x,y)
Loading ggplot2 package −
Creating the plot with Y-axis limits from 0 to 5−
> ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+ + geom_point()+ + scale_y_continuous(limits=c(0,5)) Warning message: Removed 1 rows containing missing values (geom_point).
Here, we got a warning for 1 row with missing value. Now let’s create a plot with increasing one value for Y-axis −
> ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+ + geom_point()+ + scale_y_continuous(limits=c(0,6))
Here, we can see that 6 is added on the Y-axis and there are no warnings. We can also increase the limit depending on our need as shown below −
> ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+ + geom_point()+ + scale_y_continuous(limits=c(0,7))
- How to deal with warning message “Removed X rows containing missing values” for a column of an R data frame while creating a plot?
- How to deal with error “undefined columns selected” while subsetting data in R?
- How to deal with missing values to calculate correlation matrix in R?
- How to deal with “could not find function” error in R?
- MySQL: delete all rows containing string “foo” in sample table “bar”?
- How to deal with warning message `stat_bin()` using `bins = 30`. Pick better value with `binwidth`. in R while creating a histogram?
- How to deal with error “$ operator is invalid for atomic vectors” in R?
- How to deal with error “undefined columns selected when subsetting data frame” in R?
- How to deal with NaN values while plotting a boxplot using Python Matplotlib?
- How to deal with glm.fit error “NA/NaN/Inf” for logistic regression model in R?
- How to replace “and” in a string with “&” in R?
- How to avoid the warning “Cannot compute exact p-value with ties” while perform correlation test for Spearman’s correlation in R?
- How to deal with the error “Error in int_abline---plot.new has not been called yet” in R?
- How to convert a column with missing values to binary with 0 for missing values in R?
- How to deal with error “var(x) : Calling var(x) on a factor x is defunct.” in R?