- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a borderless fullscreen application using Python-3 Tkinter?
In order to make a Tkinter window borderless and full-screen, we can use the utility method attributes(‘-fullscreen’, True). Tkinter windows can be configured using functions and methods defined in the Tkinter library.
Another similar method Tkinter provides to make the application window full-screen is, overrideredirect(True). This method can be invoked only if the application needs to resize in its defined width and height only.
#Import the required Libraries from tkinter import * #Create an instance of Tkinter frame win= Tk() #Set the Geometry win.geometry("750x250") #Full Screen Window win.attributes('-fullscreen', True) def quit_win(): win.destroy() #Create a Quit Button button=Button(win,text="Quit", font=('Comic Sans', 13, 'bold'), command= quit_win) button.pack(pady=20) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a full-screen window.
Click the "Quit" button to close the full-screen window.
- How to display a tkinter application in fullscreen on macOS?
- How to create a Borderless Window in Java?
- How to set fullscreen mode for Java Swing Application?
- How to create a System Tray icon of a Tkinter application?
- How to compile a Python 3 app to an .exe using Tkinter?
- How to bundle a Python Tkinter application including dependencies?
- How to create a Titleless and Borderless JFrame in Java?
- Python to create a digital clock using Tkinter
- How to create a timer using tkinter?
- How to create a Splash Screen using Tkinter?
- How to create a simple screen using Tkinter?
- How to get a string from a tkinter filedialog in Python 3?
- How to create an impressive GUI in Python using Tkinter?
- How to make a system tray application in Tkinter?
- How to create a password entry field using Tkinter?