- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
How to copy from clipboard using tkinter without displaying a window
Let us suppose that in a particular application, we have to copy the content residing in the clipboard. We can access the clipboard using clipboard_get().
After copying the text from the clipboard, it will reside in the cache memory through which we can debug the program and display the text in the frame, then we can see the copied text from the clipboard.
First, we will create a window which will store the copied characters or text from the source using the get method. Once the execution is done, then we can hide the window by using the “withdraw” method in tkinter. It helps to get rid of the window.
#Import the tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter canvas by executing it win = Tk() win.geometry("600x200") #Get the data from the clipboard cliptext = win.clipboard_get() #Create the label for the clipboard lab=Label(win, text = cliptext) lab.pack() #Keep Running the window win.mainloop()
Running the above code snippet will copy the content from the clipboard and display it in a window.
To avoid the window, we can use “withdraw” method,
from tkinter import * win = Tk() win.withdraw() number = win.clipboard_get()
- Related Articles
- Copy from clipboard using Python and Tkinter
- How to remove the title bar in a Tkinter window without using overrideredirect() method?
- How to delete Tkinter widgets from a window?
- How to Print Hard Copy using Tkinter?
- How to set the position of a Tkinter window without setting the dimensions?
- How to copy Docker images from one host to another without using a repository?
- How to display an image/screenshot in a Python Tkinter window without saving it?
- Copy and paste to your clipboard using the pyperclip module in Python
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter?
- How to take a screenshot of the window using Python?(Tkinter)
- How to Automatically Copy a Cell to Clipboard with a Single Click in Excel?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter Program?