- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to take a screenshot of the window using Python?(Tkinter)
Python has a rich library of modules and functions that allows us to build and develop featured applications. Tkinter is a well-known Python library that is used for creating GUIbased applications. If we want to develop an application that takes a screenshot of the window, then we can definitely use Tkinter to build the GUI of the application. The following stages of the application will help to know how our application works,
Required Libraries – Pillow (PIL) for Image Processing, Time Module in Python for Randomizing the Filename and epochs processing.
Create a Label widget in the window and add a Button to take the screenshot.
Define a function, screenshot(), that will take the screenshot of the window and save the file in a local directory.
In order to keep the Tkinter window away from taking screenshots as well as in the image, we can use withdraw() function to withdraw the image.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * import time from PIL import ImageTk, Image import pyautogui as pg # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Define a function for taking screenshot def screenshot(): random = int(time.time()) filename = "C:/Users/Sairam/Documents/" \ + str(random) + ".jpg" ss = pg.screenshot(filename) ss.show() win.deiconify() def hide_window(): # hiding the tkinter window while taking the screenshot win.withdraw() win.after(1000, screenshot) # Add a Label widget Label(win, text="Click the Button to Take the Screenshot", font=('Times New Roman', 18, 'bold')).pack(pady=10) # Create a Button to take the screenshots button = Button(win, text="Take Screenshot", font=('Aerial 11 bold'), background="#aa7bb1", foreground="white", command=hide_window) button.pack(pady=20) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that contains a button and a Label text.
When we click the button, it will take a screenshot of the window and save it in a local directory.
- Related Articles
- How to display an image/screenshot in a Python Tkinter window without saving it?
- How to take a screenshot programmatically in Android using Kotlin?
- Can you take a screenshot of the page using HTML5 Canvas?
- How to programmatically take a screenshot in android?
- How to programmatically take a screenshot on iOS?
- How to take partial screenshot with Selenium WebDriver in python?
- How to take screenshot with Selenium WebDriver?
- How to take screenshot in Android Programatically?
- How to take a screenshot programmatically in iPhone/iOS?
- How to take a screenshot of my iOS application in the iOS simulator?
- How to close only the TopLevel window in Python Tkinter?
- Take screenshot of full page with Selenium Python with chromedriver.
- Python Tkinter – How to position a topLevel() widget relative to the root window?
- How to put a Toplevel window in front of the main window in Tkinter?