- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to convert FA to Left Linear Grammar in TOC?
A grammar with at most one variable at the right side of production is called linear grammar.
Following is an example of the linear grammar −
Here, if you observe, we can write the same production by dividing …..
Left Linear Grammar
A grammar is left linear grammar where all non-terminals in the right hand sides are at the left end.
Steps for conversion
The steps for the conversion of finite automata (FA) to the left linear grammar are as follows −
Step 1 − Take reverse of the finite automata
Step 2 − write right linear grammar
Step 3 − Then take reverse of the right linear grammar
Step 4 − And finally, you will get left linear grammar
Consider a Finite Automata as given below −
Make final state as initial state and initial state as final state, as shown below −
Now remove the unreachable states, as shown below −
After removing the unreachable states, the transition diagram is not in the deterministic finite automata (DFA) because state A has no output symbol whereas state B is having two outputs on symbol ‘a’
So the resultant diagram looks like the Non-deterministic finite automata (NFA).
First, generate the right linear grammar for the final transition diagram −
Now reverse the right linear grammar to generate left linear grammar −
B → Ba/Bb/Aa
- Related Articles
- How to convert FA to Right Linear Regular Grammar?
- How to convert right linear grammar to left linear grammar?
- How to convert left linear grammar to right linear grammar?
- Explain about left linear regular grammar in TOC
- What is unambiguous grammar in TOC?
- Explain Type-0 grammar in TOC
- Explain Type-1 grammar in TOC
- Explain the concept of grammar in TOC
- How to convert from NFA to DFA in TOC?
- How to convert NFA with epsilon to DFA in TOC?
- Explain Operator grammar and precedence parser in TOC
- How to convert context free grammar to push down automata?
- Explain the relationship between grammar and language in TOC
- Explain the simplification of context free grammar in TOC
- Explain Type-2 and Type-3 Grammar in TOC?