- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you clinically differentiate syndromic obesity from non-syndromic obesity?
Syndromic obesity can be easily differentiated by the absence or presence of the following features:
- Visual abnormalities
- Developmental delay
- Dysmorphic features
But, the following points show that there are exceptions to these rules:
Obesity Syndromes with Normal Vision
Cohen syndrome: V-shaped mouth, temper tantrums, and hyperphagia.
Prader Willi syndrome (PWS): Mental retardation, almond eyes, intrauterine hypotonia, temper tantrums, hypogonadism, and hypogonadotrophic.
Obesity with Abnormal Vision
Alstrom syndrome: normal stature, no mental retardation, vision abnormalities, and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in the males only.
Laurence Moon Syndrome: hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, spastic paraplegic, developmental delay.
Carpenter syndrome: flat nasal bridge, craniosynostosis, and distinctive factors with acrocephaly.
- What do you mean by Obesity?
- What is Obesity?
- How to avoid childhood Obesity?
- What are the long-term deleterious effects of childhood obesity?
- In what ways can we consume garlic to reduce health ailments and obesity?
- How do you differentiate between capture fishing, mariculture, and aquaculture?
- How do you separate zeros from non-zeros in an integer array using Java?
- What do you mean by non zero integer?
- How do metal oxides differ from non-metal oxides?
- Differentiate luminous and non-luminous object.
- How would you differentiate Opportunity Cost of Capital from Required Rate of Return (RRR)?
- Differentiate between biodegradable and non-biodegradable materials.
- How do you remove duplicates from a list in Python?
- How will you differentiate between a suspension and a colloid?
- How do you prevent a method from getting overridden in java?