- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you clinically differentiate syndromic obesity from non-syndromic obesity?
Syndromic obesity can be easily differentiated by the absence or presence of the following features:
- Visual abnormalities
- Developmental delay
- Dysmorphic features
But, the following points show that there are exceptions to these rules:
Obesity Syndromes with Normal Vision
Cohen syndrome: V-shaped mouth, temper tantrums, and hyperphagia.
Prader Willi syndrome (PWS): Mental retardation, almond eyes, intrauterine hypotonia, temper tantrums, hypogonadism, and hypogonadotrophic.
Obesity with Abnormal Vision
Alstrom syndrome: normal stature, no mental retardation, vision abnormalities, and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in the males only.
Laurence Moon Syndrome: hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, spastic paraplegic, developmental delay.
Carpenter syndrome: flat nasal bridge, craniosynostosis, and distinctive factors with acrocephaly.
- How to avoid childhood Obesity?
- What are the long-term deleterious effects of childhood obesity?
- In what ways can we consume garlic to reduce health ailments and obesity?
- How do you separate zeros from non-zeros in an integer array using Java?
- How would you differentiate Opportunity Cost of Capital from Required Rate of Return (RRR)?
- How do you earn bitcoins?
- How do you prevent a method from getting overridden in java?
- How do you create a list from a set in Java?
- How do you know when someone really loves you?
- How do you conduct function Testing?
- How do you measure Network Performance?
- How do you get assembler output from C/C++ source in gcc?
- How do you improve Matplotlib image quality?
- How do you configure ASP.NET Core applications?
- How do you select from MySQL where last value in a string = x?