Groovy - Overview
Groovy is an object oriented language which is based on Java platform. Groovy 1.0 was released in January 2, 2007 with Groovy 2.4 as the current major release. Groovy is distributed via the Apache License v 2.0.
Features of Groovy
Groovy has the following features −
- Support for both static and dynamic typing.
- Support for operator overloading.
- Native syntax for lists and associative arrays.
- Native support for regular expressions.
- Native support for various markup languages such as XML and HTML.
- Groovy is simple for Java developers since the syntax for Java and Groovy are very similar.
- You can use existing Java libraries.
- Groovy extends the java.lang.Object.
The official website for Groovy is http://www.groovy-lang.org/