- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Flip Columns For Maximum Number of Equal Rows in Python
Suppose we have a matrix consisting of 0s and 1s, we can choose any number of columns in the matrix and flip every cell in that column. converting a cell changes the value of that cell from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0. we have to find the maximum number of rows that have all values equal after some number of flips. So if the matrix is like −
The output will be 2. This is because after converting values in the first two columns, the last two rows have equal values.
To solve this, we will follow these steps −
- x := matrix, m := number of rows and n := number of columns and r := 0
- for each element i in x
- c := 0
- a := a list for all elements l in i, insert l XOR i
- for each element j in x
- if j = i or j = a, then increase c by 1
- r := max of c and r
- return r
Let us see the following implementation to get better understanding −
class Solution(object): def maxEqualRowsAfterFlips(self, matrix): x = matrix m = len(matrix) n = len(matrix ) r =0 for i in x: c=0 a=[l ^ 1 for l in i] for j in x: if j== i or j ==a: c+=1 r=max(c, r) return r ob = Solution() print(ob.maxEqualRowsAfterFlips([[0,0,0],[0,0,1],[1,1,0]]))
- Program to find number of columns flips to get maximum number of equal Rows in Python?
- 123 Number Flip in Python
- Program to count minimum number of operations to flip columns to make target in Python
- Program to find matrix for which rows and columns holding sum of behind rows and columns in Python
- How to get the maximum number of occupied rows and columns in a worksheet in Selenium with python?
- Python Program to print a specific number of rows with Maximum Sum
- Maximum number of columns in a table in SAP HANA
- How to divide matrix rows by number of columns in R?
- How to divide data.table object rows by number of columns in R?
- How to divide data frame rows by number of columns in R?
- Python Pandas - Select a subset of rows and columns combined
- Finding the number of rows and columns in a given matrix using Numpy
- Maximum Equal Frequency in C++
- Java program to create three vertical columns with equal number of buttons in GridLayout
- Is there a MAX function for rows and not for columns in MySQL?