- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the sales day book and give its format
It is a manual ledger document, which contains information of sales made by a person on a business day. It is also called a sales register.
Management analyses the effective amount after reconciliation every month. Sales day book is a subsidiary book, which maintains the overall sales and updates the sales every month end.
It records all non-cash transactions related to sales. If a company sells any asset or investment on credit, these transactions are not recorded in the sales book, but those are recorded in a proper journal.
Sales day book is also called a sales book/ sales journal/ sold book etc. It records the sales done by the company on credit in chronological order.
The format of sales day book is as follows −
|Date||Name of supplier||Ledger folio||Inward invoice number||Amount|
Details recorded in purchase book as per format are as follows −
- Name of suppliers − Particulars of suppliers etc.
- Ledger folio − This is for reference
- Invoice number − This is for reference
- Amount − Amount due to supplier.
The advantages of sales day book are as follows −
- Daily credit sales are recorded.
- Customers from whom they can anticipate cash are easily identified.
- Accountability for small and medium size businesses.
- Summarizes sales information.
- Information is collected from a granular level.
- Explain the return inward book and give its format
- What is the purchase day book and give its format?
- What is the return outward book and give its format?
- Explain double column cash book and its format
- How to prepare a sales day book?
- Explain columnar petty cash books and give its format
- What is a single column cash book and explain its format?
- What is a triple column cash book and explain its format?
- Explain the ISDN services and its structure.
- How to prepare a purchase day book?
- Explain Merger and its types
- Explain acquisition and its types
- Give an example of a triple column cash book
- Explain the concept of book keeping in accounting.
- Format MySQL date and convert to year-month-day