- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to prepare a purchase day book?
A company purchases for the month of April 2012 as follows,
- On 6th April − Bought 25 computers from Com co. Each computer cost Rs.25000/- with 8% trade discount.
- On 12th April − Bought 150 phones from PHO co. Each phone cost Rs.950/- on credit.
- On 17th April − Bought 400 televisions from TV co. Each television cost 23580/- at a 4% cash discount.
- On 20th April − Purchased 150 radios from Ra co. Each cost them 320/- on credit.
The purchase day book is prepared for the above mentioned data.
Amount due for Com co.
- Step 1 − On April 6th 25 computers were purchased from Com co. price of each computer is Rs.25000/-
Total amount for computers = 25000 * 25 = Rs.625000/-
- Step 2 − Com co given 8% discount on purchasing 25 computers on overall amount
Discount = 8% * 625000 = Rs.52160/-
- Step 3 − amount due is the difference between step 1 and step 2
Amount due = 625000 − 52160 = Rs.572840/-
Amount due for PHO co.
On 12th April 150 phones were purchased from PHO co. price of each phone is Rs.950/-
Amount due = 150 * 950 = 142500
Amount due for Ra co.
On 20th April 150 radios were bought from Ra co on credit basis. Price of each radio is Rs.320
Amount due = 320 * 150 = 48000
Purchase day book for a company as follows -
Purchase day book
|Date||Name of supplier||Ledger folio||Inward invoice number||Amount|
- How to prepare a sales day book?
- What is the purchase day book and give its format?
- Differentiate between purchase book and purchase account
- How to prepare a single column cash book?
- How to prepare to return inwards book?
- How to prepare columnar petty cash book?
- How to prepare to return an outward book?
- How to prepare the Double column cash book?
- Explain the sales day book and give its format
- Compare asset purchase and stock purchase.
- Differentiate between Asset purchase method and stock purchase method
- How to prepare lease account?
- How to Prepare for TOEFL Exam
- How to prepare comparative balance sheet?
- How to prepare bank reconciliation statement?