- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the return inward book and give its format
Goods returned from customers are recorded in return inwards book.
Return inwards reduces the business total accounts receivables. For business, return inwards decrease the revenue and for the customer, it decreases the receivables for business.
The journal entry for a return inward book is as follows −
|Return inwards A/c|
To customers Ac
The reasons for inward returns are as follows −
- Incorrect goods.
- Not the required quantity.
- Defective goods.
- Defects arose in the warranty period.
- Expired goods.
The advantages for the return inward book are as follows −
- Reason for return is known (like quantity, quality, value etc.)
- Obtain total amount of sale return.
- Reduces clerical work.
- Detects errors in writing sales books.
- Sale return particulars are known.
The return inward process is explained below with the help of a diagram −
The format for the return inward book is as follows −
|Date||Name of customer||Credit note||folio||Amount|
- Explain the sales day book and give its format
- What is the return outward book and give its format?
- What is the purchase day book and give its format?
- Explain double column cash book and its format
- Explain columnar petty cash books and give its format
- What is a single column cash book and explain its format?
- What is a triple column cash book and explain its format?
- Compare return inward and return outward
- Explain the ISDN services and its structure.
- Explain Merger and its types
- Explain acquisition and its types
- Give an example of a triple column cash book
- Explain the concept of book keeping in accounting.
- Explain Agile Software Process and its Principles
- Explain the Format of C language