- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how defects in a metal block can be detected using ultrasound.
To explain the detection of the defects in a metal block by using ultrasound waves.
Let us get to know the detection of the defects in a metal block by using the ultrasound waves
Detection of defects in a metal block using ultrasound waves:
Ultrasound waves are made to pass through one face of the metal block and ultrasound detectors are placed on the opposite faces of the block to detect the transmitted ultrasound waves.
When there is no defect in the metal block:
If the ultrasound waves pass uninterrupted through all parts of the metal block, then the block is flawless and there is no defect as shown in the figure below:
When there is a defect in the metal block:
However, if the ultrasound waves do not pass through a part of the metal block and get reflected back, then there is a defect in the metal block as shown in the figure:
- How can intrusion be detected?
- Explain how a quiver plot can be built using Matplotlib Python?
- Explain how a violin plot can be visualized using factorplot function in Python?
- Explain how Nelder-Mead algorithm can be implemented using SciPy Python?
- Can finally block be used without catch in Java?
- Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
- Explain how a dataframe structure can be created using list of dictionary values in Python?
- Explain how the minimum of a scalar function can be found in SciPy using Python?
- Explain how L1 Normalization can be implemented using scikit-learn library in Python?
- Explain how L2 Normalization can be implemented using scikit-learn library in Python?
- How to crop the detected faces in OpenCV using C++?
- Explain how series data structure in Python can be created using scalar/constant values?
- Can we have a try block without a catch block in Java?
- Explain how Matplotlib can be used to create a wireframe plot in Python?
- Explain Try/Catch/Finally block in PowerShell
- Is gold a metal, non-metal, or a metalloid? Why is it so expensive?