- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how bats use ultrasound to catch a prey.
To explain how bats use ultrasound to catch prey.
Bats catch their prey at night by using ultrasonic waves, let us discuss how a bat gets able to catch his prey:
How a bat catches its prey by using ultrasound waves:
A bat uses the phenomena of the reflection of sound to catch its prey. Let us see how-
- Bats emit high-frequency ultrasonic waves while flying.
- And these emitted ultrasonic waves are reflected back from the prey.
- A bat isten to the echoes produced by the reflection of their own squeaks from their prey.
- From the time taken by the echo to be heard, bats can judge the distance of the prey in their path.
- By judging the distance and location of its prey, a bat catches its prey.
Let us see the image below that shows a bat using ultrasonic waves to catch its prey:
- How do bats use sound to locate their prey?
- How to use Try/catch blocks in C#?
- Explain Try/Catch/Finally block in PowerShell
- How to catch a python exception in a list comprehension?
- How to catch a divide by zero error in C++?
- How to catch KeyError Exception in Python?
- How to catch IOError Exception in Python?
- How to catch ArithmeticError Exception in Python?
- How to catch OverflowError Exception in Python?
- How to catch IndexError Exception in Python?