- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how food can be preserved?
There are different ways in which Food can be preserved. Below are some examples of Food Preservation
Drying is one of the most ancient food preservation techniques, which reduces water activity sufficiently to prevent bacterial growth.
Refrigeration preserves food by slowing down the growth and reproduction of microorganisms and the action of enzymes which cause food to rot.
Pickling is also done to preserve Food for a longer period of time.
- Related Articles
- Explain briefly, how gases can be liquefied.
- Explain how hummingbird ingests food ?
- Explain how, impure copper sulphate can be purified by crystallization.
- The following is a food chain that ends with human :plants → bee → human(a) Explain how plants provide food for bees.(b) How do bees provide food for humans?(c) How does this food chain differ form a usual food chain involving human such as: plants → goat → human?(d) Do you think that the food chain given in this question can really be regarded as a food chain? Explain your answer.
- How bear can live without food?
- How can plants make their food?
- Can hot water be a pollutant? Explain.
- Explain how a quiver plot can be built using Matplotlib Python?
- Explain how Nelder-Mead algorithm can be implemented using SciPy Python?
- Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
- What food can be eaten while suffering from a bad throat?
- Explain how normal forms can be transformed from lower to higher(DBMS)
- Explain how defects in a metal block can be detected using ultrasound.
- How can camel store water and food?
- Explain the term Food Preservation?