- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Explain about the anatomy of Matplotlib plots in Python?
Matplotlib library is built upon Numpy. It is a Python library that is used to visualize data. It is a tree−like hierarchical structure which consists of objects that makeup each of these plots.
A ’Figure’ in Matplotlib can be understood as the outermost storage for a graph. This ‘Figure’ can contains multiple ‘Axes’ objects. ‘Axes’ object is NOT the plural form of ‘Axis’ in this case.
‘Axes’ can be understood as a part of ‘Figure’, a subplot. It can be used to manipulate every part of the graph inside it. A ‘Figure’ object in an Matplotlib is a box that stores one or more ‘Axes’ objects.
Under ‘Axes’ comes the tick marks, lines, legends, and text boxes in the hierarchy. Every object in the Matplotlib can be manipulated.
- Related Articles
- Making matplotlib scatter plots from dataframes in Python's pandas
- How to reuse plots in Matplotlib?
- Save the plots into a PDF in matplotlib
- Fixing color in scatter plots in Matplotlib
- How can Matplotlib be used to create multiple plots iteratively in Python?
- How to add annotations in Matplotlib Plots?
- Logscale plots with zero values in Matplotlib
- Embedding small plots inside subplots in Matplotlib
- Drawing lines between two plots in Matplotlib
- Setting the spacing between grouped bar plots in Matplotlib
- How to clear the memory completely of all Matplotlib plots?
- How can multiple plots be plotted in same figure using matplotlib and Python?
- How to make several plots on a single page using matplotlib in Python?
- Change the default background color for Matplotlib plots
- How to Annotate Matplotlib Scatter Plots?