- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Drawing lines between two plots in Matplotlib
63 Lectures 6 hours
To draw lines between two plots in matplotlib, we can take the following steps −
Create a new figure or activate an existing figure.
Add two axes (ax1 and ax2) to the figure as part of a subplot arrangement.
Create random data x and y using numpy.
Plot x and y data points on both the axes (ax1 and ax2) with color=red and marker=diamond.
Initialize two variables, i and j to get the diffirent data points on the subplot.
Make xy and mn tuple for positions to add a patch on the subplots.
Add a patch that connects two points (possibly in different axes), con1 and con2.
Add artists for con1 and con2.
Plot lines on ax1 and ax2 with data points (x[i], y[i]) and (x[j], y[j]), to interlink the patches.
To display the figure, use show() method.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt from matplotlib.patches import ConnectionPatch import numpy as np plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.00, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True fig = plt.figure() ax1 = fig.add_subplot(121) ax2 = fig.add_subplot(122) x, y = np.random.rand(100), np.random.rand(100) ax1.plot(x, y, 'd', c='r') ax2.plot(x, y, 'd', c='r') i = 10 xy = (x[i], y[i]) con1 = ConnectionPatch(xyA=xy, xyB=xy, coordsA="data", coordsB="data", axesA=ax2, axesB=ax1, color="blue") j = 12 mn = (x[j], y[j]) con2 = ConnectionPatch(xyA=mn, xyB=mn, coordsA="data", coordsB="data", axesA=ax2, axesB=ax1, color="blue") ax2.add_artist(con1) ax2.add_artist(con2) ax1.plot(x[i], y[i], 'bo', markersize=10) ax2.plot(x[i], y[i], 'bo', markersize=10) ax1.plot(x[j], y[j], 'bo', markersize=10) ax2.plot(x[j], y[j], 'bo', markersize=10) plt.show()
- Fill between two vertical lines in matplotlib
- What is the difference between drawing plots using plot, axes or figure in matplotlib?
- Best way to plot an angle between two lines in Matplotlib
- Setting the spacing between grouped bar plots in Matplotlib
- Drawing a line between two mouse clicks using tkinter
- How to merge two existing Matplotlib plots into one plot?
- Drawing average line in histogram in Matplotlib
- Set two Matplotlib imshow plots to have the same colormap scale
- Set a border between two lines with CSS
- Plotting distance arrows in technical drawing in Matplotlib
- How to reuse plots in Matplotlib?
- Drawing lines with continuously varying line width on HTML canvas
- Drawing a rectangle with only border in Matplotlib
- Fixing color in scatter plots in Matplotlib
- How to plot two dotted lines and set marker using Matplotlib?