- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between the three models on the basis of features and operations(DBMS)?
A database model is a logical structure of a database, which contains the relationships and constraints that determine about how data is stored and accessed. The individual database models are designed based on the rules and concepts. Most data models can be represented by an accompanying database diagram.
Types of database models
There are so many database models, but most used database models are −
Hierarchical database model
Object-oriented database model
The major differences between the hierarchical, network and the relational models are as follows −
|Hierarchical Model||Network Model||Relational Model|
|One to many or one to one relationship.||Allowed the network mode to support many to many relationships.||One to one, one to many, many to one relationship.|
|Retrieve algorithms are complex and asymmetric.||Retrieve algorithms are complex and symmetric.||Retrieve algorithms are simple and symmetric.|
|Based on parent child relationship.||A record can have many parents as well as many children.||Based on relational data structures.|
|Doesn’t provide an independent stand alone query interface.||Conference on data system language.||Relational databases are what bring many sources into a common query such as SQL.|
|Cannot insert the information of a child who does not have any parent.||Does not suffer from any insertion anomaly.||Doesn’t suffer from any insertion anomaly.|
|Multiple occurrences of child records which lead to problems of inconsistency during the update operation.||Free from update anomalies.||Free from update anomalies.|
|Deletion of parent results in deletion of child record.||Free from delete anomalies.||Free from delete anomalies.|
|This model lacks data independence.||There is partial data independence.||It provides data independence.|
|Difficult to access data.||Easier to access data.||Easier to access data.|
|Arrange data in a tree-like structure.||Organizes data in graph-like structure.||Arrange data in tables.|
- Differentiate between metal and non-metal on the basis of their chemical properties.
- Differentiate between parenchyma, collenchyma, and sclerenchyma on the basis of their cell walls.
- Differentiate between striated,unstriated and cardiac muscles on the basis of their structure and site/location in the body.
- Differentiate between 5 state and 7 state process models.
- Differentiate between OS and DBMS files and OS and DBMS buffer manager
- List three differentiating features between the processes of galvanization and alloying.
- On what basis are three states of matter?
- What are the three features of blood?
- Explain the unary operations of algebra relations in DBMS?
- What is the difference between plants and animals on the basis of their growth?
- All the animals can be divided into three groups on the basis of their eating habits. Name the three groups.
- List in tabular form three distinguishing features between cerebrum and cerebellum.
- Explain the binary operations in relational algebra (DBMS)?
- MySQL query to select three highest values and sort alphabetically on the basis of corresponding column with name
- Explain join operations with the help of an example in DBMS