- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differences between Data paths.
CPU has two sections, data section and control section. Data section is also called data paths. Registers, ALU and interconnection bus collectively constitutes a data path. Data paths are of three types:
Following are some of the important differences between Single Cycle, Multiple Cycle and Pipeline data paths.
|Sr. No.||Key||Single Cycle||Multiple Cycle||Pipeline|
|1||Cycle||Single Cycle has one CPI (Clock Cycle Per Instruction).||Multiple Cycle has variable CPIs.||Pipeline has fixed no. of CPIs.|
|2||Instruction division||In single cycle, instruction is not divided per CPI.||In multiple cycle, an instruction can be divided in arbitrary steps.||In pipline, an instruction is divided one step per pipeline stage.|
|3||Instruction division||In single cycle, one instruction is executed at a time.||In multiple cycle also, one instruction is executed at a time.||In pipline, multiple instructions can be executed at a time.|
|4||Extra Registers||In single cycle, extra registers are not needed.||In multiple cycle, extra registers are required.||In pipline also, extra registers are required.|
|5||Clock Cycle Time||In single cycle, clock cycle time is long.||In multiple cycle, clock cycle time is short.||In pipline also, clock cycle time is short.|
|6||Clock Cycle Overlapping||In single cycle, clock cycle overlapping is not possible.||In multiple cycle, clock cycle overlapping is not present.||In pipline also, clock cycle overlap happens.|
- Differences between stack and queue data structure
- State differences between Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework.
- Count all possible paths between two vertices in C++
- HTML File Paths
- What are the differences between list, sequence and slice data types in Python?
- Differences between C++ and C#
- Differences between C and C#
- Differences between POP3 and IMAP
- Differences between Verification and Validation.
- Differences between String and StringBuffer
- Differences Between Selenium and Cucumber
- Differences Between Excel and Tableau
- Differences between Consumerism and Environmentalism
- All-Pairs Shortest Paths