- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State differences between Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework.
The differences between Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework are described below.
In data driven testing, we can run our tests on multiple data in multiple combinations with the help of parameterization. Here the data is treated as an input to the test script logic. Each data set can be treated as a separate test case.
In keyword driven testing, the keywords that are developed represent an action. A list of keywords maintained in sequence form a test case. Thus a keyword once developed can be used in multiple test scripts.
The data driven framework revolves around the data (maintained in excel, csv or any other file) which is updated for individual test cases without making significant changes to the test script logic.
For example, for testing the login feature we can take ‘N’ number of usernames and passwords in an excel file and feed that data to the java file which contains the programming logic of automating the login functionality.
In keyword driven testing, the entire team consisting of both automation and manual testers can both contribute for testing the product. This framework is somewhat similar to the data driven framework since we are keeping the operations to be performed in excel.
Here we can customize our test case as per the requirement by mentioning the keywords or actions in the external file in a sequence.
For example, for testing the login feature we will have multiple steps like launching the browser, setting the username and password and closing the browser in the form of keywords or actions in the excel file.
- Explain Keyword driven framework.
- Explain data driven framework.
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework with Example
- Explain Behavior Driven Framework.
- Explain Test Driven Development Framework.
- What is Keyword Driven Testing?
- What is Data-Driven Testing? Learn to Create a Framework
- Interrupt-driven data transfer in 8085
- Differentiate between event driven paradigm and algorithmic paradigms
- How to perform data-driven testing in Cypress?
- Differentiate between programmed I/O and interrupt driven I/O.
- What is Test Driven Development?
- What is Discovery-driven exploration?
- What is the design of quality driven data warehouse?
- What is Test-Driven Development (TDD)?