- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Static Routing and Dynamic Routing
Static Routing or Non-Adaptive Routing, follows user defined routing and routing table is not changed until network administrator changes it. Static Routing uses simple routing algorithms and provides more security than dynamic routing.
Dynamic Routing or Adaptive Routing, as name suggests changes the routing table once any changes to network occurs or network topology changes. During network change, dynamic routing sends a signal to router, recalculates the routes and send the updated routing information.
Following are some of the important differences between Static Routing and Dynamic Routing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Static Routing||Dynamic Routing|
|1||Routing pattern||In static routing, user defined routes are used in routing table.||In dynamic routing, routes are updated as per the changes in network.|
|2||Routing Algorithm||No complex algorithm used to figure out shortest path.||Dynamic routing employes complex algorithms to find the shortest routes.|
|3||Security||Static routing provides higher security.||Dynamic routing is less secure.|
|4||Automation||Static routing is a manual process.||Dynamic routing is an automatic process.|
|5||Applicability||Static routing is used in smaller networks.||Dynamic routing is implemented in large networks.|
|6||Protocols||Static routing may not follow any specific protocol.||Dynamic routing follows protocols like BGP, RIP and EIGRP.|
|7||Additional Resources||Static routing does not require any additional resources.||Dynamic routing requires additional resources like memory, bandwidth etc.|
- What are flooding, static routing and dynamic routing?
- Difference between Adaptive and Non Adaptive routing algorithms
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
- Difference Between Static and Dynamic Binding
- What are flood routing and random routing?
- Differences between InterDomain Routing and IntraDomain
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between Static SQL and Dynamic SQL
- What are Dynamic routing algorithms in computer networks?
- React.js routing
- What are static routing algorithms in computer networks?
- What is the difference between static and dynamic polymorphism?
- Difference between Static IP Address and Dynamic IP Address
- Difference between Static binding and dynamic binding in Java
- Fixed and Flooding Routing algorithms