- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Search Engine and Web Browser
In this post, we will understand the difference between a search engine and a web browser −
A search engine helps find information in the World Wide Web.
Once the information has been found, the results are displayed in one place.
It helps gather information from multiple URL’s and helps maintain it.
It has its own database.
Examples of search engines include Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckgo, Baidu Internet Explorer.
It makes use of the search engine to retrieve and view information from web pages.
The information seen on web page is actually present on the web servers.
They help display the web page of a current URL that is available at the server.
No database is required for a web browser.
A web browser contains has cache memory to store cookies.
Examples of web browsers include Mozilla Firefox, Netscape Navigator, and Google Chrome.
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- What is the difference between a search engine friendly and search engine optimised website?
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- Difference between Organic Search and Paid Search
- Difference Between Linear Search and Binary Search
- Difference Between Web page and Website
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between data mining and web mining?
- Difference Between Informed and Uninformed Search
- As HTTP is a stateless then how to maintain the session between web browser and web server?
- Which is the best Search Engine?
- Explain the difference between Dark Web Vs Deep Web?
- What is the difference between Web Conferencing and Video Conferencing?