- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
The deep web is the web content that is not accessible to search engines. For example, banking information, government confidential data, data present on clouds. Data on a deep web can be accessed only after proper authentication.
Dark Web is the web where the website owners are anonymous. Dark Web is often used for illegal activities. A Dark web cannot be accessed via normal browsers/search engines. Specialized softwares are required to access the dark web.
Following are some of the important differences between the Deep Web and Dark Web
|Sr. No.||Key||Deep Web||Dark Web|
|1||Concept||The deep web is part of the www web where contents cannot be indexed by search engines.||The dark web is part of www web where content lies on the darknet where contents can be accessed only using specific software, configurations or authorization access.|
|2||Usage||The deep web is used by an organization like banks, corporates, etc.||The dark web is a hub of illegal activities. Criminals/terrorists etc are active on the dark web.|
|3||Indexing||Deep Web contents are not indexed by a search engine.||Contents are accessible on personal networks/peer to peer configurations.|
|4||Regulation||Websites are invisible to the world as public access is not enabled.||Dark Web is not regulated and IP addresses are hidden.|
|5||Access||Deep web contents are accessible with a valid username/password or another authentication mechanism.||The dark web is accessible with specific software only.|
- Explain the difference between Dark Web Vs Deep Web?
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- Difference Between Web page and Website
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference Between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Difference between data mining and web mining?
- What is the Deep Web and how to access it?
- How to secure your data from the Dark Web?
- How can we maintain session between Web Client and Web Server?
- What is the difference between Web Conferencing and Video Conferencing?
- Perl and the Web
- What is the difference between SOAP and RESTful Web Services in information security?