- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
Web Browser is a software which is used to browse and display pages available over internet whereas web server is a software which provides these documents when requested by web browsers.
Following are the important differences between Web Browser and Web Server.
|Sr. No.||Key||Web Browser||Web Server|
|1||Purpose||Web Browser is a software which is used to browse and display pages available over internet.||Web server is a software which provides these documents when requested by web browsers.|
|2||Process||A web browser sends request to server for web based documents and services.||Web server sees and approves those requests made by web browsers and sends the document in response.|
|3||Process||Web browser sends an HTTP Request and gets a HTTP Response.||Web server receives HTTP Request and sends a HTTP Response.|
|4||Processing Model||Web browser has no processing model.||Web server follows three major processing models: process based, thread based or hybrid.|
|5||Data Storage||Web browsers stores user data in cookies in local machine.||Web server provide an area to store the website.|
|6||Installation||Web Browser is installed on user's machine.||Web server can be installed any where but it need to be on a network or on local computer.|
|7||Example||Google Chrome||Apache Server|
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference Between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- As HTTP is a stateless then how to maintain the session between web browser and web server?
- How can we maintain session between Web Client and Web Server?
- Monitors linux server performance remotely using web browser
- Difference Between Web page and Website
- Explain the difference between Dark Web Vs Deep Web?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between data mining and web mining?
- Convenient Web-browser controller in Python
- What is the difference between Web Conferencing and Video Conferencing?
- How to check web browser support in HTML5