- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between monolithic and microservices architecture
Monolithic architecture is built as one large system and is usually one code-base. Monolithic application is tightly coupled and entangled as the application evolves, making it difficult to isolate services for purposes such as independent scaling or code maintainability.
It extremely difficult to change technology or language or framework because everything is tightly coupled and depend on each other.
Microservices architecture is built as small independent module based on business functionality. In microservices application, each project and services are independent from each other at the code level. Therefore it is easy to configure and deploy completely and also easy to scale based on demand.
|Sr. No.||Key||Monolithic architecture||Microservices architecture|
|1||Basic||Monolithic architecture is built as one large system and is usually one code-base||Microservices architecture is built as small independent module based on business functionality|
|2||Scale||It is not easy to scale based on demand||It is easy to scale based on demand.|
|3||Database||It has shared database||Each project and module has their own database|
|4||Deployment||Large code base makes IDE slow and build time gets increase.||Each project is independent and small in size. So overall build and development time gets decrease.|
|5||Tightly Coupled and Loosely coupled||It extremely difficult to change technology or language or framework because everything is tightly coupled and depend on each other||Easy to change technology or framework because every module and project is independent|
- Difference between API and Microservices
- Difference between Microservices and Web Services
- Monolithic System Architecture
- Difference Between Microkernel and Monolithic Kernel
- What is the difference between Solution Architecture and Cloud Architecture?
- Difference between Von Neumann and Harvard Architecture
- What is the difference between VLIW architecture and Superscalar processor?
- What is the difference between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization?
- What is the difference between Cloud Architecture and Cloud Engineering?
- What is the difference between MUX and DEMUX in computer architecture?
- What is the difference between Encoder and Decoder in Computer architecture?
- What is the difference between Decoder and Demultiplexer in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between RISC and CISC in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between Concurrency and Parallel Execution in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between Latch and Flip-Flops in computer architecture?