- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between Cloud Architecture and Cloud Engineering?
Let us begin by learning about cloud architecture.
Cloud Architecture is a combination of elements needed for a Cloud Computing service. A Cloud computing architecture includes multiple elements like a front-end platform, a back-end platform or servers, a network or internet service, and a cloud-based delivery service.
Cloud computing allocates the file system that develops over multiple hard disks and machines. Data is not saved in one area only and in case one unit fails the other will take over necessarily. The user disk space is authorized on the distributed file system, while another important element is an algorithm for resource allocation. Cloud computing is a strong distributed environment and is heavily based upon a strong algorithm.
The main element of cloud architecture is virtualization. Virtualization is the partitioning of an individual physical server into several logical servers. Once the physical server is split, each logical server operates as a physical server and can run an operating system and applications separately.
There are some famous companies like VMware and Microsoft that support virtualization services, where rather than using your PC for storage and computation, you use their virtual server. They are quick, economical, and less-time consuming.
A cloud engineer is an IT expert answerable for various technological duties related to cloud computing, including design, planning, management, maintenance, and support.
Elements of Cloud Engineering
There are various elements of cloud engineering which are as follows −
IaaS (Host) − It defines the providing of instant computing infrastructure that is handled over the internet. This type of service enables companies to gain fast access to the resources required to develop our services and technologies delivered over the Cloud. IaaS companies contain Amazon, Rackspace, Google, etc.
PaaS (Build) − PaaS represents "Platform as a Service." It defines Cloud-based platform services such as operating systems, databases, programming language execution environments, etc. PaaS supports the framework that is accessible to several developers to build custom applications upon.
SaaS (Consume) − SaaS represents Software as a Service. It is the most familiar of the three types of Cloud computing. SaaS is the actual software delivered to the customer over the internet. It doesn't require to be downloaded and installed on single devices to be used by a single, team, or company which creates it simple to use and highly scalable.
- What is the difference between Solution Architecture and Cloud Architecture?
- Cloud Security Architecture and Types of Cloud Computing Models
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and BorgBase
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and MediaFire
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and CloudMe
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Jumpshare
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Grid Computing
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and HCL Connections
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Backblaze B2
- What is Cloud Encryption?
- What is Cloud Antivirus?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and ZumoDrive?