- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
Difference between LTE and VoLTE
We are evolving day by day in the way we use Mobile technology. In this article, you will learn what terms like LTE and VoLTE mean. And how these two technologies vary from each other and which is the better one.
LTE means ‘Long Term Evolution and is also known as 4G. On your mobile, the internet runs at 4G speed on your mobile phone during LTE service. So you can enjoy the internet with high-speed bandwidth with this network.
However, the disadvantage of this network is that if you are using it on your mobile phone. And anybody calls on your number, then the connectivity of the internet stops. Furthermore, this problem can be easily solved by VoLTE. Connectivity. In India, Airtel launched its first LTE service in 2012.
VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE, and it is pronounced as Vee O LTE. With this technology, you can concurrently send voice and data over the network without affecting the voice quality. However, in LTE, when making a voice call, your data connection will be on, and then the quality of voice will be decreased.
Therefore, to make a good quality voice call, you will have to switch off the internet connection. In the 2G and 3G networks, you have seen that your phones will automatically stop the data transfer to maintain the quality of voice when making a phone call.
In case of VoLTE, the quality of the voice will not reduce even if your data is on. Moreover, you can easily transfer the telephone conversation with this service when your data connection is switched on.
Difference between LTE and VoLTE
The following table highlights the points that differentiate LTE and VoLTE −
|LTE stands for long term evolution.||VoLTE stands for voice over long term evolution.|
|You cannot use the voice and Data Services at the same time.||It supports data and call services at a similar time.|
|It will support the data and voice services simultaneously, then the quality of the voice decreases.||While you can enjoy good voice calling when using the data services.|
|The data will get off when the voice call is happening.||At the time of the voice call, it does not turn off the data.|
|Call connection between the two servers is slow going.||If both the connection users are on VoLTE is speedy.|
|You need to use WhatsApp and skype for the video calling facility.||You do not have to download any application for video calling.|
|It is slowly getting obsolete.||It is used by most people nowadays.|
Benefits of VoLTE over LTE
VoLTE is the highest-ranking technology. It has various advantages −
Voice quality is good on VoLTE.
You can keep the internet connection on at the time of voice calls.
VoLTE joins the call quickly.
VoLTE networks run on the higher frequencies of 800MHz. It can make relations much further away from the mobile tower.
- Related Articles
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Difference between CDMA and LTE
- Difference between LTE and GSM
- Advantages and Disadvantages of VoLTE
- Long-term Evolution (LTE)
- How to query MongoDB a value with $lte and $in?
- Difference Between & and &&
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology?
- Difference between Voltage Drop and Potential Difference
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS.
- Difference between C and C++.