- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Long-term Evolution (LTE)
Long – term evolution or LTE is a standard for wireless technology based upon GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA technologies. It offers increased network capacity and speed to mobile device users. It is an extension of the 3G technology for high-speed mobile communications.
LTE-Advanced is an improvement over LTE that meets the criteria of 4G wireless communications as laid down by IMT-Advanced standards. It provides greater speeds and better quality of communications.
Both LTE and LTE-A are used for mobile broadband communications and in VoIP.
Features of LTE
LTE was specified by The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) release 8 was first adopted in European countries as early as 2009.
Experientially, users get improved streaming, downloads and even uploads.
LTE has peak data rate of 100 Mbps for downlink and 50 Mbps for uplink.
It provides high speed communications with reduced latency.
It has scalable bandwidth capacity.
The upper layers of LTE are based on TCP/IP. So, it is an all-IP network that supports mixed data, voice, video and messages.
Features of LTE-Advanced
LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) meets the specifications of IMT-Advanced standard for 4G technology. It was specified by 3GPP release 10.
Its peak data rates are 1000 Mbps for downlink and 500 Mbps for uplink.
3GPP laid down that that all LTE-A devices should be backward-compatible with standard LTE.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology?
- Short-term vs medium-term vs long-term scheduling
- Difference between Long-Term and Short-Term Scheduler.
- Differentiate between the long-term, short-term, and medium-term schedulers.
- Long-Term Financial Plan vs. Short-Term Financial Plan
- Difference Between Long-Term and Short-Term Scheduler in OS
- How to Create a Long-Term Financial Plan?
- Write the difference between short term capital gain and long term capital gain.
- What are the differences between short-term and long-term finance functions or decisions?
- What are the long-term deleterious effects of childhood obesity?
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- What are Long term financial requirements or fixed capital requirement in finance?
- Evolution of Data Models
- Difference between CDMA and LTE
- Difference between LTE and VoLTE