- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between C and C++.
As we know both C and C++ are programming languages and used for application development. The main difference between both these languages is C is a procedural programming language and does not support classes and objects, while C++ is a combination of both procedural and object-oriented programming languages.
The following are the important differences between C and C++.
|1||Introduction||C was developed by Dennis Ritchie in around 1969 at AT&T Bell Labs.||C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1979.|
|2||Language Type||As mentioned before C is procedural programming.||On the other hand, C++ supports both procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.|
|3||OOPs feature Support||As C does not support the OOPs concept so it has no support for polymorphism, encapsulation, and inheritance.||C++ has support for polymorphism, encapsulation, and inheritance as it is being an object-oriented programming language|
|4||Data Security||As C does not support encapsulation so data behave as a free entity and can be manipulated by outside code.||On another hand in the case of C++ encapsulation hides the data to ensure that data structures and operators are used as intended.|
|5||Driven type||C in general known as function-driven language.||On the other hand, C++ is known as object driven language.|
|6||Feature supported||C does not support function and operator overloading also do not have namespace feature and reference variable functionality.||On the other hand, C++ supports both function and operator overloading also have namespace feature and reference variable functionality.|
- Difference Between C# and C++
- Difference between C# and Visual C#
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Go and C++.
- Difference between C and Python
- Difference Between C++ and Java
- Difference between C structures and C++ structures
- Difference between Structures in C and C++
- Difference between Java and C language
- Difference between strncmp() and strcmp() in C/C++
- What is the difference Between C and C++?
- Difference between %p and %x in C/C++
- Difference between float and double in C/C++
- Difference between Dictionary and Hashtable in C#
- Difference between == and .Equals method in c#