- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between logical and physical standby database in the oracle
Logical standby and physical standby database in two different types of standby database. In case of any failure of primary database Oracle transfer data from primary database to the standby database. This approach helps us to recover data from standby database in case of any failure.
Logical standby database is not the exact copy of the primary database. Logical standby uses LogMiner techniques to transform the archived redo logs into native DML statements (insert, update, delete). This DML is transported and applied to the standby database.
Primary standby database is the exact copy of primary database so it helps to minimize the workload of the primary database and it also provide higher data protection because any point of time we can recover data from the standby database.
|Sr. No.||Key||Logical standby database||Primary standby database|
Logical standby database is not the exact copy of the primary database
Primary standby database is the exact copy of primary database
Less data protection in comparison of primary standby database
Higher data protection
Additional materialized view
It can have additional materialized views and indexes
- Explain the difference between physical and logical databases
- Difference Between Logical and Physical Address in Operating System
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What are the differences between Physical and Logical Topology?
- Difference between Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c
- Difference between oracle golden gate and oracle active guard in the oracle
- Difference between Oracle and SQL Server
- What is the difference between cash settlement and physical settlement?
- Difference between Database and a Blockchain
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design
- Difference between Schema and Database in MySQL?
- Oracle Database Connection in Python
- Difference between Data warehouse and Operational database
- Difference between Operational Database and Data Warehouse?
- Difference between a data warehouse database and an OLTP database?