- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the difference between physical and logical databases
Logical Database Design has a low-level description of entities that are defined and how they are related to each other and what kind of data is to be stored. This model determines if all the requirements of the business have been gathered.
Physical Database Design deals with how the data will be stored in the database using suitable DBMS and this design is generally created by database administrators and developers.
The major differences between logical database design and physical database design are as follows −
|Logical Database Design||Physical Database Design|
|That describes the data without regard to how they will be physically implemented in the database.||That represents how the actual database is built.|
|Defines the data elements and their relationship.||Developing the actual database.|
|Simpler than the Physical database design.||Complex than the Logical database design.|
The main difference between logical database design and physical database design is that logical database design helps to define the data elements and their relationships, but physical database design helps to design the actual database based on the requirements gathered during the logical data design.
Let us see the pictorial representation of the logical design as compared to the physical design. This is given below −
- Difference between logical and physical standby database in the oracle
- Difference Between Logical and Physical Address in Operating System
- What are the differences between Physical and Logical Topology?
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What is the difference between cash settlement and physical settlement?
- MongoDB difference between show dbs and show databases?
- Explain the Difference Between Definition and Declaration
- Explain the difference between Virus and Worm?
- Explain the difference between OLAP and OLTP
- Explain the services of the physical layer
- Explain the logical operators in DBMS
- Explain the functions of a Physical Layer
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design
- Explain the importance of centralized databases
- Explain the difference between RowSet and ResultSet in JDBC?