- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Logical and Physical Address in Operating System
In this post, we will understand the difference between the logical and physical addresses in operating system −
This address is generated by CPU.
The address space consists of the set of all logical addresses.
These addresses are generated by CPU with reference to a specific program.
The user has the ability to view the logical address of a program.
The user can use the logical address in order to access the physical address.
This address is a location in the memory unit.
This address is a set of all physical addresses that are mapped to the corresponding logical addresses.
The user can’t view the physical address of program directly.
It is computed using MMU.
The user can indirectly access the physical address.
- Explain the difference between physical and logical databases
- Difference Between Network Operating System and Distributed Operating System
- Difference between logical and physical standby database in the oracle
- Difference between Operating System and Kernel
- Difference Between Kernel and Operating System
- Difference Between Linux and Windows Operating System
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What are the differences between Physical and Logical Topology?
- Difference Between Time Sharing and Real-Time Operating System
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Difference between IP Address and MAC Address
- What is the difference between a kernel and an operating system?
- Distinguish between Machine and operating system virtualization.
- Difference between Static IP Address and Dynamic IP Address
- Difference between Memory Address Mode and Register Address Mode.