- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Linux and Windows
Linux and Windows both are operating systems. Linux is open source and is free to use whereas Windows is a proprietary.
Following are the important differences between Linux and Windows.
|1||Open Source||Linux is Open Source and is free to use.||Windows is not open source and is not free to use.|
|2||Case sensitivity||Linux file system is case sensitive.||Windows file system is case insensitive.|
|3||kernel type||Linux uses monolithic kernel.||Windows uses micro kernel.|
|4||Efficiency||Linux is more efficient in operations as compared to Windows.||Windows is less efficient in operations.|
|5||Path Seperator||Linux uses forward slash as path seperator between directorioes.||Windows uses backward slash as a path seperator.|
|6||Security||Linux is highly secure as compared to Windows.||Windows provides less security as compared to Linux.|
- Difference Between Linux and Windows Operating System
- Difference between DOS and Windows
- Difference between Linux and Unix
- What are the fundamental differences between Windows and Linux?
- What is the difference between McAfee and Windows Defender?
- Creating Python Virtual Environment in Windows and Linux
- What are the process states in Windows and Linux?
- Run Linux Natively on Windows 10
- What's the difference between nohup and ampersand (&) on Linux?
- Recommended IDEs for C# on Windows/Linux/Mac OS
- What languages have been used to write Windows, Mac OS and Linux OS?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between C# and .Net