- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between DOS and Windows
DOS and Windows both are operating systems. DOS is a single tasking, single user and is CLI based OS whereas Windows is a multitasking, multiuser and GUI based OS.
Following are the important differences between DOS and Windows.
|1||Definition||DOS stands for Disk Operating System.||Windows stands for Windows, no specific form.|
|2||Tasking Nature||DOS is single tasking OS.||Windows is multi-tasking OS.|
|3||Power Consumption||DOS consumes quite low power.||Windows consumes high power.|
|4||Memory consumption||DOS memory requirements are quite low.||Windows memory requirements are quite high as compared to DOS.|
|5||Networking support||DOS has no support for networking.||Windows supports networking.|
|6||Usage||DOS is complex in usage. You need to remember commands to use DOS properly.||Windows usages is user-friendly and is quite simple to use.|
|7||User interface||DOS is command line based OS.||Windows is GUI based OS|
|8||Multimedia||Multimedia is not supported in DOS.||Windows supports multimedia likes games, videos, audios etc.|
|9||Speed||DOS command execution is faster than Windows.||Windows operations are slower as compared to DOS.|
|10||Multiwindow||DOS supports single window at a time.||Windows supports multiple window at a time.|
- Difference between Linux and Windows
- Difference Between Linux and Windows Operating System
- What is the difference between McAfee and Windows Defender?
- How to convert DOS/Windows newline (CRLF) to Unix newline (LF) in a Bash script?
- MS-DOS Layered Structure
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) Attack and its Types
- What are the fundamental differences between Windows and Linux?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU