- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between HTML and HTML 5
Before moving to the difference between both of these broader terms first it is important to define the mark up language as abbreviation for HTML is Hyper Text Mark-up Language where mark-up language is used to define the text document within tag which defines the structure of web pages.So HTML is the combination of Hypertext and Mark-up language.As already understood that HTML 5 is the advance version of HTML so on the basis of additional features in HTML 5 there are notable differences.
Following are the important differences between HTML and HTML 5
|Sr. No.||Key||HTML||HTML 5|
|1||AV support||As HTML is the initial version of this language so did not have support for audio and video without the use of flash player.||On other hand HTML 5 supports audio and video controls with the use of "<audio>" and "<video>" tags.|
|2||Storage||HTML uses browser cookies and session for storage of data which is transferred from server to client side.||On other hand HTML 5 uses SQL databases and application's own cache to store application data at client end i.e it become more scalable for storing data than HTML.|
|4||Shapes||HTML does not support for the drawing of trigonometric shapes through its code at browser side.||On other hand HTML5 allows to draw shapes like circle, rectangle, triangle etc.|
|5||Browser Compatibility||HTML has better compatibility as compare to HTML 5 as it is supported with new browsers as well as with all old browsers.||On other hand HTML 5 is supported by all new browser like Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, etc only and has limitation to be supported by older browsers.|
- Difference between XHTML and HTML 5
- Difference Between HTML and ASP.
- Difference Between XML and HTML
- Difference Between HTML and CSS
- Difference between an id and class in HTML
- What is the difference between HTML tags and ?
- Difference between :focus and :active selector in HTML
- Difference Between GET and POST Method in HTML
- What is the difference between text() and html() in jQuery?
- What is the difference between id and name attributes in HTML?
- Is HTML 5 validation useful?
- HTML 5 video or audio playlist
- HTML 5 versus XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- Getting Safari to recognize HTML 5